Monday, September 1, 2008

My Issue

Well, I'm sure that all of you are eagerly awaiting food, but I figured that we'd have a discussion for this first week, and that would be our "meat." The first topic is Homosexuality. This is a moderately common issue, and I felt that it needed to be addressed. I understand that although many people have strong religious connections and feelings regarding this issue; thus, I will try to be sensitive to that. Let me begin by saying that I am a Christian. Alright, for me, I have tried to solve my gay feelings. It doesn't work. For many years I have worked to remove them, or blot them away -- Doesn't work. I don't understand it, and I don't claim to. What I do know, is that I have the feelings; I have the issue. I can't seem to get rid of it. Not once, did I feel as though I could be different, yet when I was told that it was wrong, I tried so hard to purge all of the feelings that I had. All I wanted to do was the right thing.

No comments: